Re: How to write in Chinese

On 20-11-2020 13:04, Markos wrote:
> Please,
>
> I am studying Chinese and I need to install fonts to type ideograms in Debian 9.
>
> I use Brazilian Portuguese, but I don't want to reconfigure my
> computer to type only in Chinese.
>
> Using LibreOffice or with a specific program to generate the ideograms
> only when needed.
>
> Any tip?

It could well be worth your while to get on top of LaTeX, through the
Texmaker editor or similar.
Install the font programmes you require, and employ Babel.
You can employ both languages within the same document.
It's what I do.
It's not such a learning curve, but it depends on how serious you are.
Cheers!

Harry Weaver.

--
`This is Unix.
It gives you enough rope to hang yourself'.