Re: How to Fix the apt-get install error: “Media change: please insert the disc labeled ...” in Debian 10.

Thank you 😊 so much sir!

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020, 4:47 PM Daniel Lange <DLange@debian.org> wrote:
Hi Edgar,

Am 19.11.20 um 09:04 schrieb Edgar Villanueva Jr:
> I was amazed by the description that Debian is robust and reliable etc.
> So I decided to install it. But when I try to install from terminal "Fix
> the apt-get install error: “Media change: please insert the disc labeled
> ...” appears. I can't also install software thru discover.

The better mailing list for such requests is debian-user
(https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/) or a non-English version of it
(https://lists.debian.org/users.html) if you prefer.

Debian-project is meant to discuss non-technical issues around the
Debian project, e.g. organization or policy changes.

That said, you likely have a line starting with

deb cdrom: ...

in your /etc/apt/sources.list

comment that line out (as root) by prefixing it with a hash (#) mark:

# deb cdrom: ...

Save the file and that should fix things.

Kind regards,
Daniel