Re: Corruption of Samba mount points

Joe wrote:
> No other replies, so I assume this is another of My Personal Bugs. I've
> reported a few bugs over the years that have turned out to be visible
> only to me. I don't suppose there are any two identical installations
> of sid anywhere in the world.
>
> Maybe this is a hint that it's time to reinstall, this installation is
> probably at least ten years old, and there have been about nine
> packages that can't be upgraded for a couple of months now. But that's
> going to be the best part of a day that I can't really spare...

  if the hardware is that old it may be having issues or a
cable connection is loose or something else.  that is what
can be tough about such a failure.  adding unstable to that
well, as they say, sometimes you get to keep all the parts
of what is broken.  :)

  i only run a few bits of unstable (firefox and a few
other very isolated leaf packages) and always have another
partition on another device that will boot stable and also
yet another stable setup on a USB stick, besides the
netinst image on a USB stick that will boot a rescue
prompt if needed.  so far i haven't had to use them often
but when i've had to check something out or compare what
was going on in stable compared to testing it was a welcome
help.

  good luck!  :)

  songbird