Re: Certbot in Buster

On Mi, 18 nov 20, 12:44:57, Philipp Ewald wrote:
> Hello,
>
> https://community.letsencrypt.org/t/certbot-users-preparing-for-the-isrg-root-transition-january-11-2021/138059
>
> certbot is on Version 0.31.0 in Debian Buster.
>

> > As of January 11, 2021, we’re planning to make a change to our API so that ACME clients will, by default, serve a certificate chain that leads to ISRG Root X

If the package in stable is still usable afterwards (even if with
reduced functionality) this looks like a case for backports.

> This would be bad for older Android devises. To use the old
> Intermediate certificate its needet to use certbot Version 1.6.0 or
> higher. But this Version is only avalible in Debian
> sid/buster-backports

According to 'rmadison certbot' a newer version is only available in
testing and unstable, but not in buster-backports:

    certbot    | 0.28.0-1~bpo9+1 | stretch-backports | all
    certbot    | 0.28.0-1~deb9u2 | oldstable         | all
    certbot    | 0.31.0-1        | stable            | all
    certbot    | 1.8.0-1         | testing           | all
    certbot    | 1.8.0-1         | unstable          | all

> I have allready ask the Maintainer to update the certbot package but no answer.

I presume you did this via direct e-mail only.

> What can i do?

Write an e-mail to debian-backports with Cc: the package Maintainer
asking nicely for a backport.

Preferably you should be using <package-name>@packages.debian.org as
this might reach more people (e.g. others interested in the package),
just in case the Maintainer won't provide a backport or is unresponsive.

Kind regards,
Andrei