Re: Certbot in Buster

On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 12:44:57PM +0100, Philipp Ewald wrote:
Hello,

https://community.letsencrypt.org/t/certbot-users-preparing-for-the-isrg-root-transition-january-11-2021/138059

certbot is on Version 0.31.0 in Debian Buster.

As of January 11, 2021, we’re planning to make a change to our API so that ACME clients will, by default, serve a certificate chain that leads to ISRG Root X

This would be bad for older Android devises. To use the old Intermediate certificate its needet to use certbot Version 1.6.0 or higher. But this Version is only avalible in Debian sid/buster-backports

I have allready ask the Maintainer to update the certbot package but no answer.

What can i do?

Have you tried just installing the sid version? I haven't looked really closely but at least at the top it looks like an arch:all package with few versioned dependencies.