Re: Debian 10 freezes unexpectedly.

Serkan KURT <ssserkkk@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi.
> Debian 10 freezes after a while when I watch a video with VLC or in a video conference call (with Firefox or
> Chromium). It is not clear when it will freeze. This problem was not happening in Debian 9 8 7.

I may have a related problem, for me Firefox window just goes
black. Usually this happens after hibernating Debian and booting Windows
10 and then coming back to Debian. This happened in Debian 9 already and
still happens in Debian 10. Firefox doesn't seem to crash, at least if
there's video playing I can still hear the audio. Restarting Firefox
fixes it. More permanent fix has been to run a current Firefox from an
AppImage. Nvidia binary drivers are in use.

I think my usage pattern is probably fairly unusual so I'm just happy I
have a workaround.