Re: Most maintainable way to install perl modules on Debian sysetms

> cpan2deb takes a CPAN module and builds it as a Debian package.
> Use a common suffix like -mgrant and you can spot these in
> package listings.
>
> When you upgrade, build new versions of all the -mgrant
> packages.

Thanks.  So in one way this makes it easier to remove the module which
cpan doesn't do, but I'd still have to track the module manually and
run this again and again, remembering or scripting something to do all
of this automatically.

Has anyone built something which when you ran apt upgrade, it would
look at each of these packages that were made by cpan2deb, then look
in cpan to see if the module was updated, then create a new deb and
upgrade the package?

That would really automate the whole process like apt upgrade.