Re: drives spin 100% of the time, idle down?

> That makes sense.These WD drives I got to sleep automatically after 10m are
> 2013 Blue desktop drives.

There's a chance that you just got lucky and the time that the drive
decides to use is similar to the time you set.  In any case this
behavior was not really documented anywhere so it might have only
applied to some drives, but I remember finding some website that made me
think it probably affected most WD drives (and that it was not
considered as a bug).

> The firmware on new ones may behave differently.

My info is pretty old, so it should apply to 2013 drives.

> The Seagate Barracudas in the NAS do respond to a sleep command
> (hdparm -y) but

Indeed `hdparm -y` has worked fairly reliably for me for all drives.

        Stefan