Re: xfce widget problem

On 11/11/2020 11:26, ghe2001 wrote:
How can I remove a widget that doesn't have a right-button xfce menu (the one with 'Remove' in it)?
There's lots of info on the web about sticking one in the panel, but I can't find anything about removing one.

Right-click / Panel / Panel Preferences / Items to see what you have in that panel. If it has no Remove option, it likely is a child of Notification Area that has been added by a process. I do not recommend removing Notification Area. Most applications that do this have an option to disable showing an icon in the "System Tray" (Xfce Notification Area is an implementation of this concept). As a last resort, you can exit the application or stop it starting in Sessions / Settings and Startup.

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben@transient.nz>
Director