Re: problem with nvidia on debian buster

On Sun, 8 Nov 2020 17:07:20 +0100
Vinko Tosevski <vinko.tosevski@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Vinko,

>Can someone point me in the right direction to solve this problem? Or

Install and run nvidia-detect.  That'll tell which is the preferred
driver suite for your card.

You should also be aware that nVidia drivers need to be rebuilt every
time there's a kernel upgrade, so unless you also install all the
relevant build tools (including sources, headers etc. for the kernel)
you may well encounter problems, because there will be a driver/kernel
mismatch.

>should I give up on Debian all together?

A bit drastic, I think.   ;-)

--
 Regards  _
It's only bits of plastic, lines projected on the wall