Re: unable to log in on Gui but can log in on a console

anthony gennard wrote:
> Could someone assist me with this problem, please.

  sounds like a problem with the desktop manager but
since you don't mention what that is i can't say
much more.

  try reinstalling your desktop manager is my first
guess with a problem like this.  kdm i think it is.

  if that doesn't do anything you could also try
installing a different desktop manager (lightdm is
the one i know) and see if that changes anything.

  i'm also sure there must be a way to start the kde
desktop system from the command line but you'll have
to google for that a bit.

  songbird