Re: Building my own packages

Hi,

Victor Sudakov wrote:
> Looks scary. In FreeBSD, you don't need a Developer's or Port
> Maintainer's expertise to change a few build options and publish the
> resulting package(s) in your intranet.

Yes. It is too complicated to package a well behaved upstream tarball
for Debian. I think this each time when i prepare the Debian packaging
after i released upstream.

So i also offer an all-in-one tarball of xorriso for self-compilers.
By a mere "./configure && make" it works on BSDs too. (But goes by the
name "GNU xorriso" which gives die-hard BSDers a blood pressure spike.)

> Still looking for a good tutorial or someone with personal experience.

Well, i showed what i use to get along with the inherited Debian packaging
preparations of my software. I doubt that i would have mastered the task
if i had to start from scratch. My thanks go to Eduard Bloch and George
Danchev who once packaged my stuff.

The packaging files are in a git of Debian. When i'm done with
preparations i ask my sponsor Dominique Dumont to produce and upload the
packages. See release cycles at:
  https://salsa.debian.org/optical-media-team/libisoburn/-/commits/master

Of course you will need no sponsor if you don't aim for the packages to
appear in the pools of Debian mirror servers.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas