Re: Feasibility of speech recognition for note taking on dedicated laptop?

On Wednesday, November 04, 2020 05:58:25 PM rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
> Looks like it is pretty much dead -- I tried to access the TWiki but was
> denied access.

Oh, but maybe it is more alive than I thought -- quoting from
https://cmusphinx.github.io/

<quote>
Oct 23, 2019
Update on CMUSphinx Project

Dear users, you've might been asking yourself why there were not so many
updates on CMUSphinx recently. Time goes really fast and many things change in
ASR. Deep learning, huge NLP models like BERT, Tacotron and
Wavenet/Waveglow/WaveRNN, Pytorch vs Tensorflow, huge datsets, chatbots and so
on and so forth. Many new toolkits appear and some disappear - Eesen,
Espresso, Kaldi, Wav2letter, NeMo. The whole area is thriving.

CMUSphinx team has been actively participating in all those activities,
creating new models, applications, helping newcomers and showing the best way
to implement speech recognition system. We are here to suggest you the easiest
way to start such an exciting world of speech recognition. Lately we
implemented a Kaldi on Android, providing much better accuracy for large
vocabulary decoding, which was hard to imagine before.

If you are interested in learning more, check Alpha Cephei website, our Github
and join us on Telegram and Reddit.

Stay tuned!
</quote>