Re: Mounting a USB device

On Tue 03 Nov 2020 at 17:34:48 (+0000), Joe wrote:

> Those of us who use NTFS do so deliberately to provide compatibility
> with Windows. It's not that long ago that Linux NTFS support was a bit
> flaky, so we don't do it solely by our own choice.
>
> I have a 4GB VeraCrypt file which I open in either Linux or Windows on
> my dual-boot netbook. NTFS is the only possible choice.
>
> And no, don't suggest an ext4 implementation on Windows. I want
> something solid.

Do you have any recommendations on instructions for installing
the veracrypt software (as Debian doesn't support it).

Do you run the GUI version or plain?

Have you run it on an encrypted partition rather than just a file?
If so, would you recommend creating the partition container in
linux and then letting windows create the NTFS filesystem?
(Or else what; can windows do both?)

Cheers,
David.