Re: Mounting a USB device

On Tue, 3 Nov 2020 10:09:02 -0700
Charles Curley <charlescurley@charlescurley.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Nov 2020 16:12:27 +0000
> Mick Ab <recoverymail123890@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the suggestion re rsync, but using tar has been
> > successful with a NTFS drive many times.
>
> Another possibility is to get rid of NTFS, and replace it with an
> encrypted ext4 partition.

Those of us who use NTFS do so deliberately to provide compatibility
with Windows. It's not that long ago that Linux NTFS support was a bit
flaky, so we don't do it solely by our own choice.

I have a 4GB VeraCrypt file which I open in either Linux or Windows on
my dual-boot netbook. NTFS is the only possible choice.

And no, don't suggest an ext4 implementation on Windows. I want
something solid.

--
Joe