Re: Please be respectful

On Sat, Oct 24, 2020 at 07:31:11PM +0200, Pierre-Elliott Bécue wrote:
> Le samedi 24 octobre 2020 à 12:07:09-0500, Leslie Rhorer a écrit :
> >

> > On 10/24/2020 11:46 AM, Pierre-Elliott B�cue wrote:
> > > Le samedi 24 octobre 2020 � 10:39:56-0500, Leslie Rhorer a �crit�:
> > >
> > > Honestly, I don't care about your opinion. If you don't want to follow
> >
> > 	So let me get this straight.  I want very much to hear your opinion.
> > Indeed, I would be willing to fight and if need be die to protect your right
> > to express your opinion.  You, however, cannot be bothered to hear mine.
>
> I read it thrice, a fourth time is not going to have any better outcome.
>
> > 	Yet I am disrespectful?  Right.
>
> You are when you try to impose your values on a place where a set of
> rules already exist.
>
> > > the local rules, go waste people's time elsewhere.
> >
> > 	Only a fool or one devoid of morals and ethics follows rules.  As a free
> > man, I follow nothing and no one.
>
> Then please go following nothing and no one elsewhere.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Pierre-Elliott Bécue
> GPG: 9AE0 4D98 6400 E3B6 7528  F493 0D44 2664 1949 74E2
> It's far easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.

Leslie,

You clearly have a great deal to say about your personal morals and ethics and you do not regard yourself as anybody's fool.
"Never argue with a fool on the Internet - after a couple of rounds, a dispassionate observer will not be able to tell who's who"

Your responses in this and other threads are neither necessarily constructive nor helping other people to appreciate you more widely.
I would respectfully suggest that you could profitably go back and read the list archives to find examples of good and useful
communication styles that will allow you to bring your expertise to bear more usefully to every reader's benefit.

The Debian mailing list code of conduct (see below) is here to try and bring some of these things more clearly to people's attention
if they don't already know,

The Debian Code of Conduct (see below) is more wide ranging and applies to any and all Debian assets. In many ways, it's based on
getting the best out of how we work: we're aware of the sorts of issues that can cause problems or attitudes that can alienate
people and would not wish to perpetuate these.

With thanks for your reading time,

All the very best, as ever,

Andy Cater [amacater@debian.org]