Re: Please be respectful

On 10/24/2020 11:46 AM, Dan Ritter wrote:
Leslie Rhorer wrote: a bunch of words that indicate that they
aren't interested in politeness as a tool for lubricating social
interactions, even when a minimal attempt at such is the
recognized currency of the community.

Why would I want to have any "social interactions" in the first place? I don't know you, I don't know the vast majority of any so-called community, and I have no particular desire to get to know any but a small handful. The very last thing on Earth I would ever want to be is "popular". I would much rather have gangrene.

One of the great things about the Internet is that, in any
competent interaction system, one can filter out jerks.

So much for your so-called "politeness". Why is it those who proclaim so loudly they demand something are the very first to deny it to others?