Re: Please be respectful

On 10/18/2020 7:12 AM, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
On Sun, Oct 18, 2020 at 11:52:20AM +0000, Long Wind wrote:
  it's foolish to argue with foolish peopleif i receive unpleasant message, i just ignore it (keep quiet)

In general, this is a good strategy.

	In general, I disagree.

Still, there are people
around who feel hurt by things

So what? I am hurt by many, many things. That does not mean it would be appropriate for me to attempt to make others responsible for my pain. My pain is my problem. Their pain is theirs.

and are too shy to speak up;

That is their problem and their prerogative. Neither you or I are responsible for it.

It's a fine line to walk: of course I only have my subjective
impression as a guide

That is not true. Thousands of volumes of other people's impressions and experiences have been put down on paper. We all have their wisdom readily available.

and that may be wrong, so it's quite
possible that I'm being unjust when I speak up.

I find that unlikely. Speaking one's mind - whether right or wrong - is virtually never unjust and only very rarely unwise.

So I sincerely hope to be corrected in those case. That's the
only way to learn.

If not the only way, then at least the best one. It is no favor to anyone to allow them to continue to believe something to be correct that is not.