Re: Please be respectful

On 10/17/2020 12:39 AM, Weaver wrote:
On 17-10-2020 15:05, Michael uplawski wrote:
Leslie Rhorer:
Until someone does earn respect, there is no reason anyone
should afford it them.  It is utterly ridiculous to think everyone
deserves respect.

This is where you are excluding yourself from the human community. Face
it. Live with it. *We* will be fine, anyway.

Rubbish!

	Indubitably.

There are certain qualities which must be extended before you are worthy
of receiving them, trust, loyalty, to mention a couple, but you can
throw respect in there also, along with one or two others.
I have to earn the respect of every child I meet, and maintain the
standard every time I encounter that child in the future.

Absolutely. Some folks, however, think we should respect those who sexually molest children, rather than cherish them. They seem to think those who treat stupidity as a virtue should be held in the same regard as mental giants. It is complete nonsense.

Some, in their retarded viewpoint, believe respect is something
engendered by social position.

That is a little different than saying it is engendered by simply having a pulse, as some here are suggesting.

Wrong!

	Yes.  I am not quite sure which is worse.

Social position is engendered by earned level of respect.

If I take your meaning, then I disagree with you there. "Social position" is just an idiotic notion of no particular value. It is unimportant who or what one is. It isn't all that important what one says. All that is truly important is the things one does, with the most important being what one does for others.

`excluding yourself from the human community', what a load of puerile
ignorance!

Puerile, certainly. I am not sure "ignorance" is the best term, however. "Foolishness" might be better.