Re: Thunderbird / enigmail

Greg Marks wrote on 10/13/20 9:37 AM:

I had no problems transitioning from Enigmail to Thunderbird 78.3.1,
which has removed Enigmail.  With an existing GPG installation, it
was necessary to run the command "gpg --export-secret-keys --armor >
private_key.asc" for importation into Thunderbird.  Then in Thunderbird,
clicking the main account header in the side panel brings up a link
"End-to-end encryption."  This brings up "Account Settings," toward the
bottom of which is an "End-To-End Encryption" header.  From here one can
enable OpenPGP by importing the "private_key.asc" file created earlier.

OK, but how do I create a sticky setting that tells TB to use encryption?

If I go to "Account Settings | End-to-End Encryption" I can select and add a key to an account. But there doesn't seem to be a "save" function, and as soon as I leave the settings page, the setting reverts to "None - do not use OpenPGP for this identity".

  Doc

PS BTW Thanks very much for the instructions; I would have been completely lost without them. This sure isn't easy/obvious.

--
Web:  http://enginehousebooks.com/drevans