Re: Please be respectful

Hello Leslie,
hello Harry.

On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 16:46:42 -0500
Leslie Rhorer wrote <lesrhorer@att.net>:

> Until someone does earn respect, there is no reason anyone
> should afford it them. It is utterly ridiculous to think
> everyone deserves respect.

On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 22:39:01 -0700
Weaver wrote <weaver@riseup.net>:

> Some, in their retarded viewpoint, believe respect is something
> engendered by social position.
> Wrong!
> Social position is engendered by earned level of respect.

We're on a Debian mailing list here. Being respectful is part of the
Debian Code of Conduct which reflects the values of this community:

----
1. Be respectful

In a project the size of Debian, inevitably there will be people with
whom you may disagree, or find it difficult to cooperate. Accept that,
but even so, remain respectful. Disagreement is no excuse for poor
behaviour or personal attacks, and a community in which people feel
threatened is not a healthy community.

[...]

Source: https://www.debian.org/code_of_conduct
----

If both of you openly state that you oppose the idea of being respectful
with other people unless they have earned your respect (according to your
perception), you more or less directly state that you oppose the Debian
Code of Conduct.

Apart from that, both of you have broken a couple of rules from the
Mailing lists code of conduct: https://www.debian.org/MailingLists/

* Non-constructive [...] messages [...] are not welcome
* Do not use foul language; [...]
* Try not to flame; it is not polite.
* Use common sense all the time.

I hope some people will draw some meaningful consequences.

Best regards,
Christoph