Re: apt, update-iinitramfs - amdgpu firmware warning messages

	Hi.

On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 09:35:54AM -0400, Gary Dale wrote:
> I gather that update-initramfs is trying to throw everything in that
> may be needed should I change hardware, but am I expecting too much
> from it to not throw up spurious warnings like this?

While putting a kernel module into initramfs, update-initramfs merely
checks the "firmware" section of a kernel module via "modinfo".  So if
the kernel module amdgpu lists 265 firmware blobs - update-initramfs
tries to put them along with the module. And the possible hardware
change has nothing to do with it, it's rather the quality of amdgpu that
does.

In the ideal world all these blobs would be packaged in Debian, but it's
not the case as of stable. Obviously, if your hardware is working for
you, these update-initramfs warnings can be ignored.

Reco