Re: Cannot install elixir from buster-backports

Hi Brett, David,

On 10/16/20 4:53 AM, Brett Gilio wrote:
> David Christensen <dpchrist@holgerdanske.com> writes:
>
>> On 2020-10-15 01:52, Baptiste Beauplat wrote:
>>> (Please CC me, I'm not subscribed to the list)
>>>
>>>       elixir : Depends: erlang-base:any (>= 1:20) but it is not
>>> installable or
>>>                         erlang-base-hipe:any (>= 1:20) but it is not
>>> installable
>>>      E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
>>> (I've cropped all expected text)
>>> I have erlang-base:amd64 (1:21.2.6+dfsg-1) installed but elixir won't
>>> install because it depends on erlang-base:any (>= 1:20)? Why is it not
>>> working?
>
> FWIW, I think this is an issue of backports needing a new build.
> https://salsa.debian.org/eugulixes-guest/elixir-lang/-/blob/cf069ab098dd36f11d9ee49f818e6ecbab4f7114/debian/control
> shows the same conditions, but I would guess that bumping erlang to 21
> and rebuilding elixir would fix the issue. You might file this as a bug
> report.

I ended-up checking the list anyway and Andrei had the right pointer.

The package is uninstallable and this appear to be a know issue:

I created a patch for that and hopefully, this will be fixed in a couple
of days.

Thanks everyone for the pointers!
--
Baptiste Beauplat - lyknode