Re: Have Debian developers contemplated means of faster internet access, using in parallel multiple ISPs from Debian installed Lap- /Desk- tops?

---------- Received message ----------
From: Dan Ritter <d***g>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 10:54:29 -0400
Subject: Re: Have Debian developers contemplated means of faster
To: Susmita/Rajib <b***m>
Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org

On 15/10/2020, Dan Ritter <d***g> wrote:
> Susmita/Rajib wrote:
...		...	[snipped]	...		...	[snipped]	...		...

> You should read about Bufferbloat. It turns out that excessively
> large packet caches make everything worse.
>
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8289 CoDEL against Bufferbloat

Sure, Sir. I shall go through this doc and the rest

> Rajib, I understand that you are frustrated and looking for
> solutions. 	...		...		...		...

Sir, actually I am not frustrated, but am indeed looking for a
breakthrough, of increasing bandwidth. In fact, I am bubbling with
positive energy, wanting things to improve, if I find even a little
ray of opportunity.

> ...		...	The particular solutions you are proposing are not
> going to work. You are reasoning by analogy, which is good for
> solving many human problems, 	...		...		...

But Sir, I have a living example in openwrt and routers based on it.
Also dispatch-proxy as a crude first step. And they work for multiple
ISPs and VPN. If they could do it, then why not GNU/Linux including
Debian? We could have software routing devices using our computers
instead of those exotic routers.

> 	...		...		...	but in this case we have computer
> problems, and they need to be solved by looking at the actual
> protocol documents and implementation history, so that you can
> understand what is actually happening.
>
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc793   TCP
>
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7414  The 2015 TCP roadmap
>     - you should especially read sections 3 and 4.

Yes Sir, perhaps it is time that I did.

> Perhaps it is time to look at what your original problem is, in
> the hopes of solving that?

In fact Sir, I have no problem with any particular ISP, but I have
multiple number of them, including Optical Fibre to the Home, ADSL
through copper cable and mobile networks, and want to use them
simultaneously. It was a brainwave that I had because of the existent
serverless distributed downloading like Bittorrent and p2p file
transfer mechanisms.

If it could be done with p2p and bittorrent, then why not with server
based systems and multiple ISPs? This was my line of reasoning.

Anyway, thank you for engaging with me. Let's see if something positve
comes out of this interaction, or seeds some breakthroughs in some
specific stack of Neural Nets not necessarily mine. Sometimes I lament
that I didn't learn computing as a university course. But that is
_only_ sometimes. I am perfectly content with HEP physics and all of
you around me. My little needs are already fulfilled by Debian and
Knoppix.

Regards,
Rajib