chromium users https question

Greetings all;

Still on stretch here, all up to date AFAIK. And probably will be till I
can locate a new SSD big enough to be a usable system drive.

I gave up on firefox, too broken to continue fighting with its constant
freezing, and switched to chromium about 6 months back.

But I've not been able to click on an "https" link and have it work.
Obviously I am missing the package that services the "s".  Except it
does work with my banks https.  They may be using an older version or ?
IDK.

Can anyone look in their crystal ball and tell me what pkg that might be?

Many thanks.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis