Re: Have Debian developers contemplated means of faster internet access, using in parallel multiple ISPs from Debian installed Lap- /Desk- tops?

---------- Received message ----------
From: Nicholas Geovanis <nickgeovanis@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 06:22:56 -0500
Subject: Re: Has Debian developers contemplated means of faster
internet access, using in parallel multiple ISPs from Debian installed
Lap- /Desk- tops
To: Susmita/Rajib <bkpsusmitaa@gmail.com>, Debian Users ML
<debian-user@lists.debian.org>

Debian has supported multiple concurrent network cards and interfaces for a
very long time. You could cable each to a separate ISP if you wish. Or all
to the same if you have the bandwidth. This is sometimes called NIC teaming.

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020, 4:48 AM Susmita/Rajib <bkpsusmitaa@gmail.com> wrote:

> To,
...		...	[snipped]	...		...	[snipped]	...		...

Dear Dr. Geovanis,
Nicholas Geovanis <nickgeovanis@gmail.com>,

I am surprised at your revelations. I have been trying to have a
breakthrough, but have been failing.

My need is a little divergant from NIC teaming  from what little I
understood after reading on the topic, after your inputs:

We have multiple USB ports in our laptops/dektops, and smartphones
with USB ports and opportunity for USB tethering and internet access
from the smartphone's mobile Network provider using SIM cards.

I wish to use two ISPs, i.e., two snartphones in USB teethering, and
combine internet bandwidth from each of the two simultaneously.

I hope that I have been able to explain myself in my post.

Regards,
Rajib Bandopadhyay
A Debian and Knoppix user

P.S.::
BTW, because of the typo "has" I have requested the List
Moderator/administrator to delete the subject thread and keep the post corrected
with "have".