Re: Please be respectful

Weaver wrote:
> To me I see an outstanding example of laziness from somebody who
> obviously needs no consideration in the accessibility department.

Hi Harry,

I really hope you are in a minority with this opinion, and hopefully,
re-reading the original post you might come to a different conclusion
about the OP's request.

> Scrolling an alphabetically arranged file system doesn't even qualify as
> trivial.

The OP asked for a suggestion of a file browser with a certain feature.
The feature is to filter/limit the displayed files, roughly equivalent
to a shell command like `ls *j*`. I do this type of things all the time.
This is a perfectly reasonable thing to do, especially when dealing with
lots of files, and when you don't know the full name of a file.

> The use of find and/or locate will dig up anything, no matter how deeply
> hidden in a plethora of directories.

That is true, find and locate are very powerful tools, and worth
learning. However, they are specialized tools which need some form of
in-depth knowledge, and as such, they not always the first choice in
every situation for every user.

Cheers,
Thomas