Re: Please be respectful

On 14-10-2020 18:30, Christoph K. wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 23:06:55 -0700
> Weaver wrote <weaver@riseup.net>:
>
>> > "as I learnt to read years ago,"
>> It's appropriate sarcasm.
>
> Disagreed.
> It's simply disrespectful.
>

>> For those who require spoon feeding:
>
> As is this comment, too.
>

> Sarcasm can be fun sometimes, but I believe it's no appropriate way to
> communicate on debian mailing lists. It can lead to misunderstandings and
> people being hurt, apart from making a bad impressions on others reading
> this list.
>
> Please re-read the Debian Code of Conduct and consider being more polite:
> https://www.debian.org/code_of_conduct

Being polite is a standard that has to apply to all.
I consider the original post not to be.
To me I see an outstanding example of laziness from somebody who
obviously needs no consideration in the accessibility department.
Scrolling an alphabetically arranged file system doesn't even qualify as
trivial.
It can be accomplished as quickly as you can move your hand.
The use of find and/or locate will dig up anything, no matter how deeply
hidden in a plethora of directories.
If that is insufficient and the standard has to be established in an
instance where an iron lung is in use, direct a bug report to the
appropriate quarter, which I have already supplied, where they can put
it at the far end of a list behind things that really need doing.
Kind regards,

Harry.

--
`Religion is regarded by the common people as true,
by the wise as false,

— Lucius Annæus Seneca.

Terrorism, the new religion.

Registered Linux User: 554515