Re: one thing i don't like about Thunar file manager

> Let's say there are three files with the names -
> apple-pie
> banana-split
> orange-juice
>
> On the file manager window, I would type the letter o and the file
> 'orange-juice' would be selected.  However, I would also want the
> ability to select that file by typing j (for juice).
>
> This is possible with another file manager, but not with Thunar as far
> as I can tell.
> Am I wrong?  What other file managers would you recommend for my
> Debian system that has that feature?

I'd never need that feature for myself, as I learnt to read years ago,

I realize my question may be an eye-roller for some people, but

"as I learnt to read years ago,"

is the type of answer that makes non-Linux users think that we're a bunch of elitist snob.

Thanks anyway