Re: needed: a way to eliminate wasted disk space due to unneeded locale files

On 10/13/20, L Godioleskky <lgodio2@gmail.com> wrote:
> There are hundreds of MBytes of wasted disk space due to un-needed locale
> files.
> Most users only use one or two languages, so why should they devote huge
> amounts of disk space to locale files they dont need/use ?
>
> App localepurge eliminates some, but far from all of these un-needed files

What's it leaving behind that you would like to see additionally
purged? If there's not a known tweak, flag, or something for
localepurge, perhaps your needs could become a reportbug wish list
item sent to Developers.

This post caught my eye because I just tripped over localepurge last
month. It kicked booty on initial install, and now automatically
purges with each upgrade and new installs. After that initial wipeout
session, subsequent purges are (understandably) pretty small in
comparison.

The caveat is that ONCE in a while something's not displaying in
another language. When I'm up for it, I'll be poking around to learn
the protocol for updating an existing install's configuration so that
it keeps its fingers off those certain languages that frequent my own
Internet travels..

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey