Re: Hiding an app

On 10/13/20 1:37 PM, Carl Fink wrote:
On 10/13/20 12:17 PM, Frank McCormick wrote:

I am running the Mate desktop on Debian Bullseye. I just installed TZclock after removing the Mate clock from the taskbar.
One annoyance is TZclock appears on the taskbar. Does anyone
know how to prevent this?

Is it in the Notification Area? Right click in a blank part of the area (I use the top row of pixels) and choose

Panel >> Panel Preferences

Unselect TZClock.

No, it appears in the window list area, the same area where other running applications appear. Other window managers provide a way to skip the task bar for applications, but I can't find any way to do it in Mate.

--
Frank McCormick