Re: Thunderbird / enigmail

On 10/13/2020 5:14 PM, D. R. Evans wrote:
tomas@tuxteam.de wrote on 10/13/20 8:25 AM:
On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 07:26:28AM -0600, D. R. Evans wrote:

repository. But I seem to recall reading somewhere a while back that the
enigmail functionality was going to be incorporated into Thunderbird upstream.

This is true, AFAIK, from Thunderbird 78 on. See [1].

Cheers

[1] https://blog.thunderbird.net/2019/10/thunderbird-enigmail-and-openpgp/
   - t

Yes, that's the post I think I saw.

Still, preferring not to be a guinea pig on this occasion, I'm wondering if
any enigmail user here has installed the update, and if they have had any
problems with the transition to the new enigmail-less encrypted e-mail system.

I would go and ask on the enigmail mailing list! :)

--
John Doe