Re: Appimage file that does not launch

On Monday 12 October 2020 07:37:50 Hervé wrote:

> Hello,
> it is not possible to run an appimage file on Debian, whether in
> stable or testing. The file is good because it launches on MX linux
> and on ubuntu. It is a pity that this is not possible. Can't we
> improve that?

You may have to become root, and set the exec bit. I'm on stretch yet,
and am running 3 AppImages here, one for cura, one for the latest
freecad, and one for DeskProto. I've added that directory to my env's
$PATH and they all Just Work.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis