Re: Error mounting LVM volume as root (SOLVED)

On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 at 12:36, Marc Shapiro <marcnshap@gmail.com> wrote:

> I had not thought that there was any real difference between the two
> formats, and this may well be the only instance where there is, but I'm
> going to use the '/dev/mapper/vgname-lvname' format in all locations
> from here on out.

I notice that 'man 8 lvm' on buster says:
"""
Links or nodes in /dev/mapper are intended only for internal use and
the precise format and escaping might change between releases and
distributions. Other software and scripts should use the
/dev/VolumeGroupName/LogicalVolumeName format to reduce the chance of
needing amendment when the software is updated.
"""