Re: Quick help on

On 10/8/20 1:30 PM, Charles Curley wrote:
On Thu, 8 Oct 2020 10:34:33 -0400
rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:

I've recently found that if I leave the machines with the KVM set to
the Jessie machine, when I come back, the power light on the monitor
is red, but does not come back to life when I move the mouse or press
a key.
My work-around for a similar situation is CTL-ALT-F1, then release all
keys, then CTL-ALT-F7. Which I believe forces X to re-initialize itself.

I have the same problem in qemu VMs.  I do the equivalent of CTL-ALT-F1 then CTL-ALT-F7 to get the GUI back.  It started in the last year so it is something in the system is doing it.  Googling wasn't much help.  I have put all the settings (in KDE) to not sleep or turn off the monitor to no avail.

--

...Bob