Re: Question: SSD speed

Hi,

Michael Stone wrote:
> This is basically never an issue in conversational usage as the difference
> is less than the margin of error or real-world precision. If you're planning
> for a million dollars worth of storage, yeah,

But what about a 25 cent DVD-R which is labeled "4.7 GB" and only can take
4.377 GiB (4482.625 MiB, 4,700,372,992 bytes) ?

I see such complaints in the web every few months. (With interesting
theories about what might be wrong.)

> Since we know that 1.5Gbyte/s SATA
> doesn't exist we've clearly identified that there was confusion when reading
> the original spec

There could also have been confusion about SATA and NVMe, at least.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas