Trimming boundary of image in GIMP.

Until recently the routine for trimming the boundary of an image was,
(1) Select > All,
(2) grab a boundary with pointer and drag it toward the center,
(3) drag other boundaries in a similar way until the desired boundary
was indicated,
(4) Image > Crop to Selection.
Done.

Appears that an update since the last time I used GIMP added a new
feature. (?) Now left and right boundaries are linked with top and
bottom boundaries. Dragging the top boundary pulls the sides in
simultaneously. =8~(

There must be cases where that is helpful but what if the objective is
to change only one boundary?  The top for example.  I've tried
unlinking Width and Height in Layer > Layer to Boundary Size. No dice.

I've tried holding <Shift>, <Ctrl> or <Alt> while dragging a boundary.
No dice.

How is the new feature overridden?

Thx,                  ... P.

--
Tel: +1 604 670 0140            Bcc: peter at easthope. ca