Re: Partial Mouse Lockup

On Tuesday 06 October 2020 14:27:10 Thomas George wrote:

> Mouse clicks don't work though mouse moves the pointer.
>
> This happens infrequently, once in a day or two. I am using two pc's,
> a raspberrypi and a Ubuntu Studio each with its own Logitech usb
> keyboard and have experienced  this problem on both systems.
>
> I have tried to recover with various keyboard entries - ctl-c, cti-d,
> esc, q and by disconnecting and reconnecting the keyboard. Nothing but
> a reboot solves the problem.  I use ctl-alt-f1 to open a terminal,
> sign in and enter shutdown -r now to do this. There is no problem with
> the keyboard.
>
> Is this a known problem? Is there a known solution?

I recall having a rash of similar scale while using the wireless mouse
and keyboard pair with a single dongle, but that mouse eventually
developed a flaky left button from a broken solder joint because the
switch was not fully seated against the mouses pcb when it was soldered.

Mice are now being made so opening them up for solder joint repairs is
going to damage it anyway, so I quit repairing them 3 or 4 years ago.
Replacing the mouse with a $14 m317 logitek, which has its own receiver
dongle, seems to have been a permanent cure.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis