Re: How to disable the screen locker on amd64 buster?

On Sunday 04 October 2020 06:14:01 tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 04, 2020 at 05:46:05AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > Except I now have a different initial login screen that does not
> > accept my passwd.  It accepts and displays my username, but it loses
> > the keyboard once it highlights the passwd box
>
> Just a silly shot in the dark: are you sure it isn't taking
> keypresses? Note that xdm doesn't display anything when you type into
> a password box. No dots, no stars, anything. Good old tradition...
>
> Just hack in your password and hit ENTER.

That keyboard has a dirt/swarf cover that makes error free typeing a much
sought after experience, but if I hammer it one punch at a time, it
works. That got me in and let me disable the rest of the niggles.
Obviously I rarely write code on that keyboard.

Thanks Tomas.

> Cheers
>  - t

Cheers, Gene Heskett