Re: How to disable the screen locker on amd64 buster?

On Sun, Oct 04, 2020 at 05:46:05AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

[...]

> Except I now have a different initial login screen that does not accept
> my passwd.  It accepts and displays my username, but it loses the
> keyboard once it highlights the passwd box

Just a silly shot in the dark: are you sure it isn't taking keypresses?
Note that xdm doesn't display anything when you type into a password
box. No dots, no stars, anything. Good old tradition...

Just hack in your password and hit ENTER.

Cheers
 - t