Re: can't boot to a graphical interface.

Frank McCormick wrote:
> While compiling an application today my Debian bullseye system somehow
> got messed up. It will boot to a CLI but no X, apparently because for
> some reason the system is unable to access some files in
> /usr/share/dbus-1. It keeps saying access denied. The directories and
> files are owned by root, and if I noot to a CLI I have no trouble
> accessing them using sudo and midnight commander.
>
> I tried reinstalling systemd but it ended with the same problem.
>
> Can anyone help?

  that certainly sounds strange to me.

  what application and why were you doing this as
root - seems like asking for trouble...  :)

  hmm, what is your desktop manager?  i use lightdm.
perhaps reinstall it.

  the other thing would be to check your systemd
units to make sure something didn't get masked out
or removed that you wanted to be used for sure and
put that back into place.

  songbird