Re: Security Vulnerabilities with Nginx v1.14.2 and GNOME Evolution

On 15/09/2020 10:44, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> Another choice would be to run Debian stable, but don't install Debian's
> version of nginx.  Use upstream's releases, compile them yourself, and
> update them yourself whenever you need to (for security reasons or
> otherwise).

If one chooses to do so, it might be better to fetch the debian source
package of the newer version and create a .deb out of it. At least the
benefits of the debian packaging are retained.

(In other words, you create your own backport.)

But if the versions of libraries required for building the newer version
are not available in stable, the process becomes much more difficult.
(But so would be building from the upstream source, probably.)

--
I enjoy the time that we spend together.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br