Re: xfce4 widget problem

On Sat, 12 Sep 2020 21:26:27 +0000
ghe2001 <ghe2001@pm.me> wrote:

> I have 2 computers running Debian/xfce4, and the WR widget says "? No
> Data" on both of them.
>
> I've set it to several locations, and WR finds the locations just
> fine.  It just can't get the weather data.

According to https://docs.xfce.org/panel-plugins/xfce4-weather-plugin,
the weather source (met.no) provides forecast data only, so when it
does deliver data, it is semi-bogus anyway.

Possibly the reason the applet is broken is that met.no has just
re-arranged their site, and the fix has not made it into Debian.
According to that page, it may be a while before that happens, so you
might look for another source of weather information.

(This is the reason you don't hard code web site information into an
application, and instead make it user configurable. Sigh.)

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/