Re: LEAN Debian install: Exploring task selection menu

On Sat 12 Sep 2020 at 13:47:04 -0500, David Wright wrote:

> On Sat 12 Sep 2020 at 19:19:50 (+0100), mick crane wrote:

> > > What would happen if a user did not want Gnome? Note that the present
> > > dialog caters for this situation.
> >
> > Is the "Debian desktop environment" Gnome plus other things ? In which
> > case the way it is makes sense.
>
> But it doesn't make sense to some, hence this discussion.

That is only because they do not think it through.

"I do not want Debian desktop environment" they say. That's fine; reject
having it; untick it. Now nothing is selected. That's ok. A user now gets
nothing. Who would argue with that action if that is what is required?

But "I want Mate" is the next request. Ok, tick it and that is what the
user will get. Where's the problem?

--
Brian.