Re: how to remove GUI

On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 10:35:46AM -0500, David Wright wrote:
> That's the first mention of this phenomenon I recall seeing since I posted
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2018/03/msg01030.html
> (which dealt mainly with a more serious problem).
>
> I never install a DE/DM and all that stuff, but I get the cursor
> movement nonetheless. Is that what you're saying?

It's not as serious as what you reported in the 2018 thread.  It's just
an occasional glitch, not easily reproducible, with a trivial workaround.

I only mention it because once in a while, someone sees something like
it and freaks out, thinking the computer is locked up or whatever.  They
don't realize they can just hit the Enter key and get a fresh login
prompt, and all is fine.