Re: Why start the first partition at 2 MIB, why not at any multiple of 4096 bytes ...

On Fri, 11 Sep 2020 at 08:30, David Christensen
<dpchrist@holgerdanske.com> wrote:
> On 2020-09-10 09:44, David Wright wrote:

> > I don't like parted particularly, and don't know what "free" does.
> > Can you elucidate?

> > $ man parted | grep -i free
> > $ info --output=/dev/stdout --subnodes parted | grep -i free

> I also am unable to find canonical documentation via RTFM, info, and
> STFW.  GNU must have missed documenting it (?).

# parted --help | grep -A 1 free
  print [devices|free|list,all|NUMBER]     display the partition table,
        available devices, free space, all found partitions, or a particular
        partition