Re: Why start the first partition at 2 MIB, why not at any multiple of 4096 bytes ...

On Thu, 10 Sep 2020 at 11:26, David Christensen
<dpchrist@holgerdanske.com> wrote:
> On 2020-09-09 08:03, David Wright wrote:

> > ... having been bitten by
> > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=923561

> I have a 300 GB drive that has been causing me some confusion.  Did I
> elicity the bug when I partitioned the disk as follows?

I have not read all relevant messages, but in case it helps you can
check your exact device partition boundaries by running:

parted /dev/disk/by-id/ata-ST3300622AS_******** 'unit compact print
free unit s print free unit b print free'