Re: VirtualBox - vboxpci

On Sunday, 6 September 2020 10:05:23 -04 Klaus Jantzen wrote:

> On 9/6/20 12:27 PM, Georgi Naplatanov wrote:

> > On 9/6/20 12:17 PM, Klaus Jantzen wrote:

> >> Hi,

> >> I am trying to run VB 16.1.14 r140239 on my laptop under Debian

> >> Buster.

> >> After sucessfully signing vboxdrv, vboxnetflt and vboxnetadp I

> >> installed the extension package.

> >> Now I have to additionally sign vboxpci.

> >> However, this module was not installed. Where do I get it from?

> > Hi,

> > I use Virtualbox 6.1 on my computer without any problems.

> > I don't understand what your problem is.

> > I have added the following line to /etc/apt//sources.list

> > deb https://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian buster contrib

> > HTH

> > Kind regards

> > Georgi

> My problem is not the installation of VB.

> After the installation I defined a Windows10-machine. When I start

> this machine VB indicates that the kernel driver ist not installed

> and recommends to run '/sbin/vboxconfig'.

> vboxconfig request the signing of four modules, one of them is

> vboxpci. And this module has not been installed.

> So I wonder where I can  find this module.

Honestly, Klaus Jantzen, neither do I understand what you are talking about. First: VB version 16.1.14 r140239 does not exist. Do you mean version 6.1.14?
Did you get it from here:
http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/6.1.14/ ?
Get the .deb file and install it the Debian way. WHen you stat VBox then it asks you to download and install the extension kit, which is downloaded by Virtualbox itself. Then get yourself the GuestEditions iso. After you installed Windos-10 on the virtual machine insert the CD or the USB-stick with the GuestEditions and run VirtualBox-6.1.14-140239-Win.exe

On Linux Guests I usually use the loop device to mount the GuestAdditions iso. But on WIndows?

There is nothing to "sign" and no extra modules to install - no vboxdrv, vboxnetflt and vboxnetadp and especially no vboxpci.

Hope that helps
Cheers
Eike

--

Eike Lantzsch ZP6CGE

On a note about Re: Sv: and so on "feature" of MS email clients. Re: is not a short for "Reply" as MS seems to think. As http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RE_(e-mail) states:

re (the ablative of res 'thing') has been used in English since the 18th century to mean 'in the matter of', 'referring to', or 'about'. In business letters and memoranda, "Re:" may be used instead of "Subject:" to set off the topic.