Re: Trackpoint not work properly on Thinkpad T470

Also - check carefully what firmware it might require. You have, for example, installed firmware-linux-nonfree, firmware-misc-nonfree to enable non-free firmware possibly?

On Sat, Sep 5, 2020 at 10:12 PM riveravaldez <riveravaldezmail@gmail.com> wrote:
On 9/5/20, rhkramer@gmail.com <rhkramer@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, September 05, 2020 12:34:37 PM Aaron Elmquist wrote:
>> Well, I don't think it's a hardware issue.  The computer is less than a
>> year old and it's been used sporadically over the last year.  Any
>> thoughts
>> on how to rule hardware out as an issue?
>
> Oh, maybe one idea, did it come with Windows and is it still there (I mean, can you boot into Windows?) -- if so, do that, and try a similar app in Windows.
>
> In Linux, does the problem happen in only one application, or in other
> applications as well?

Basic thought: grab any-distro LiveUSB and boot from there and check
if the issue persist.

If any other OS makes the hardware works fine then at least that cause
could be ruled out.

Hope this help, best regards.