Re: Can't log in after Stretch to Buster upgrade

Hello,

On Wed, Sep 02, 2020 at 11:13:30AM -0700, cgibbs@surfnaked.ca wrote:
> The Buster upgrade seemed to work OK.  I re-booted and got to my
> xfce login screen.  But when I entered my user ID and password,
> the screen blanked for a second or so, then came back to a blank
> login screen.

Use ctrl-alt-F3 to switch to a virtual console and attempt to log in
there, then examine your logs to see if there are any hints as to
anything that has failed to start?

I am not an xfce user so hopefully one of them will be along shortly
to tell you which log files to look in for likely answers, but you
could start with /var/log/syslog and /var/log/Xorg.0.log.

Cheers,
Andy